Thursday, March 29, 2012

Empanadas Done Right!

Calavera_empanada_tequila_bar1-e1318352920897.jpg
Now, I know I only like to blog positive reviews on places in downtown Raleigh but I swear I'm telling you the truth! That being said, I will inform you on one of my favorite places downtown. There is not a night that goes by while I am working and someone asks, "Where is a good place where we can get food this late?" My response is always the same, Calavera.

Calavera-Empanadas.jpgCalavera Empanada and Tequila Bar located on the corner of S. Blount and Davie Street provides you with unique, mouth watering empanadas and very tasty alcoholic beverages. After traveling in Central America over the summer, I was skeptical on trying an empanada made in America. I thought that it could never relate to "the real thing", I was very wrong.

20120315-061-CALAVERAS-DLA.jpg
Not only did it compare but it was better than an actual Costa Rican empanada. I have had all of the empanadas on the menu and there is not one that I did not like. The meat is flavorful and the crust is baked to perfection. Not to mention my favorite of all, The King of Kong. The King of Kong is a dessert empanada made with bananas and Nutella. It is the best combination of taste I have ever experienced. The empanadas are very well complimented by a cold refreshing Margarita or Mojito made by the very friendly bartender. The authentic atmosphere is fantastic along with an amazing staff. The whole staff is extremely helpful and will guarantee your visit to be a positive one. 

IMG_8084.jpgI will also recommend you checking out Salsa night which is held on Sunday nights. There is a professional instructor to get you on your feet and find the Latin within you. It is also okay if you are not into dancing, because the Salsa dancing makes for a great atmosphere while your enjoying your meal and beverages.

 Calavera is not only a great place to grab some awesome food and drinks late night, but they have an incredible patio where you are able to enjoy the beautiful Raleigh weather during the day. Check out Calavera Empanada and Tequila Bar at http://www.calaveraraleigh.com/ or follow them on twitter @calaveraraleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment